Pre-Conference – Brent Geary, PhD – Fundamentals of Hypnosis Part 01
Coverage begins with essential topics and terminology in hypnosis. The process of a hypnotic session will be explained. (Participants will practice observing and elicitation of focused awareness in hypnotic subjects.) Various frameworks for hypnotic induction will be explained, demonstrated. The utilization of hypnosis always involves the hypnotic phenomena. A part of the workshop will explore the various phenomena and their role in clinical contexts. Participants will practice elicitation of hypnotic phenomena. And finally, one of Erickson’s landmark contributions to hypnosis was his introduction of indirection as a therapeutic approach. This final section of the training explores the ways in which anecdotes, metaphors, and other indirect methods can be utilized.
- Explain the role of truisms in hypnotic induction.
- List four hypnotic phenomenon.
- Describe the difference between direct and indirect suggestion.
- Site potential considerations in the use of age regression in hypnotic therapy.
- Differentiate therapeutic anecdotes versus metaphors.