Short Course 30 – Carol Nack, MSW and David Chametsky – A Better Life through Neuroscience and the Human Touch: Havening
Introducing an extra-ordinary application of a recently acquired knowledge in the field of neuroscience. The techniques described are based in evolutionary biology. They offer a person the opportunity to live a healthier, hopefully happier, and more productive life. Long standing psychological problems are resolved and disturbing memories fade into the irretrievable past, just a story that lacks the previous affect.
- Demonstrate the HAVENING TECHNIQUES to decode a traumatic memory.
- Describe HAVENING TECHNIQUES as a type of psychosensory therapy based on the fields of neuroscience and neurobiology which uses sensory input in order to alter thought, mood, and behavior.
- Understand that when an event or experience is perceived as traumatic or stressful it becomes encoded in the psyche and body (amygdala), often with life altering consequences that impact on a person’s daily life and capabilities.
- Understand that HAVENING TECHNIQUES create changes in the brain in order to de-traumatize and remove from the psyche and body the emotional memory attached to the traumatic or stressful life event and its negative effects.
- Learn about the components of a traumatic event.
- Utilize a powerful stress reduction strategy by utilizing the benefits of HAVENING.
- Learn about the 4 components of a traumatic event.