08 Dec 2016
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Short Course 38 – Debbie Joffe Ellis – The Empowering, Transformational and Compassionate Approach of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy.
This presentation will include description of the main principles, techniques and methods in REBT; a live demonstration with a volunteer from the attending group; exercises and Q & A time .
- Understand the main principles, techniques and methods of REBT
- Understand its effectiveness as a brief therapy, and the clients for whom such brief therapy can be most beneficial
- Distinguish between healthy rational and unhealthy irrational thinking
- Distinguish between healthy and unhealthy negative emotions
- Understand the REBT emphasis on, and application of, unconditional acceptance.