MC01 – Master Class in Hypnotic Psychotherapy
Location: Regency Ballroom
Ericksonian hypnotherapy and strategic approaches promote experiential methods of change. In combination they can be synergistic. Psychotherapy is best when clients have the experience of an alive, goal-oriented therapeutic process. Such dynamic empowering experiences pave the way for new understandings and growth-oriented possibilities.
Drs. Yapko and Zeig will engage with each other and the participants to examine commonalities and differences in their work. The Master Class centers on providing then deconstructing demonstrations of Ericksonian Psychotherapy and Hypnosis, providing a unique opportunity for in-depth learning.
- Describe the ten therapeutic patterns of Ericksonian influence communication;
- Demonstrate the relationship between interviewing for personal resources and integrating them into a hypnosis session;
- List and describe the stages of hypnotic interaction;
- Describe and demonstrate the role of post-hypnotic suggestions in generalizing individual therapy session gains;
- Compare and contrast elements of an Ericksonian induction with traditional inductions;
- Describe the Utilization Method.